This week’s This or That? Challenge isn’t really a This or That? but Rae over at Bookmark Chronicles (the creator of this challenge) wants to know what our favourite genre is.
For me it is impossible to choose just one genre. Mostly I like all the genres but if I really have to choose I have to go with two. At the moment I’m really enjoying Fantasy. I don’t think there are actually booklovers who don’t like Fantasy, right?
When I was little I read these fantasy books about a mouse who is a real pussy but he did everything to help his friends. These books are from Holland or Belgium, I’m not sure. But everyone loves them. When I was little it were the books you had to read and even now there are still new books coming out and my little cousin is reading it too! After that I obviously started reading Harry Potter. These books really opened the world of fantasy and they had and still have a great impact on my life. So, actually fantasy is a genre that I’ve loved for whole my life already and I hope to read thousands more of them! XD
Some Fantasy books I like:
- The Harry Potter series by J. K. Rowling (obviously!)
- The Percy Jackson and the Olympians series by Rick Riordan
- Miss Peregrine’s trilogy by Ransom Riggs (Haven’t read Library of Souls yet 😥 )
- The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare (Only read the first two, I’m going to contiue soon!)
- A Court Of Thornes and Roses by Sarah J. Maas (One of my favourites of 2015)
- The Weaver’s Riddle – Mist & Whispers by C. M. Lucas (A new fantasy series!!!)
(Since I’m still not that long such a big booklover I haven’t read that many books so these are mostly some obvious ones.)
My second genre is Contemporary. For something like 1.5 years I’ve been a big booklover and last year I discovered the John Green books (probably because of The Fault In Our Stars, I’m not sure xp) and that really got me into contemporary. After The Fault In Our Stars I read a lot more contemporary and I can’t say that it’s not because of the romances. 😉 I just love romance in books.
Some Contemporary books I like:
- All the John Green books
- I’ll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
- All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven
- Girl Online by Zoe Sugg
That’s it! Make sure to check out Rae’s blog (linked above) and comment your favourite genre on her post or make you’re own post about it (link it to Rae’s blog!). I will see you on Saturday with a very exciting book review! 😀
Katniss Potter Booklover xxx